Many people have been using Hotmail for quite some time. People who have used it for a long time have faced many problems when they forgot their password. In this article, we will talk about the things a person should do when they want to change their password if they feel someone is hacking their password.
Steps to change the password to a Hotmail account
- The first thing that all users should do is simply visit the address http://account.live.com/password/change and verify if they have already logged in or not. If you have not logged in, simply log in to your Hotmail account by entering the user ID and password.
- You may be asked to send a code, simply click on send the code and feed the code sent to your registered email id or registered phone number.
- Once this is done, you will be asked to enter your current password. First, you will be asked to enter the new password and then you will be asked to re-enter the new password.
- Once you have entered all the required data, simply press enter. It is recommended that Hotmail users change their password every 72 days.
- By following the steps described above, the password for your Hotmail account will be modified. Once the password has been modified successfully, you can simply access your Hotmail account and log in to your account with the help of the new password.
Steps to change the password on a mobile phone
Changing your Hotmail password with the help of a mobile phone is very simple. All you need to do is simply follow the steps outlined below.
- Users only have to open their phone’s menu in the email application of their phone.
- From there, users should go to the menu option and select the most option.
- Users will be able to see the account configuration option and they should touch it.
- Then, users must access the incoming configuration from the account settings.
- Users will now have the option to change their password. Users can simply enter the new password and press the text to reset their new Hotmail password.
Piracy experts always try to guess the password of your account and, once they can access all the passwords of their accounts, they can access all their personal data that is in their mail. If at any time you feel that you have been hacked or that someone else is trying to access your Hotmail account, all you need to do is simply follow the steps listed above and you are ready to continue.
According to Hotmail, all Hotmail users must change their password every 72 days so they can keep their id. Mail safe from hackers. To be safe always change your password at regular intervals to prevent your account from being pirated.
I hope you like this article and have learned something new. Click Like, comment and share our articles if you really appreciate my work.
If you have any questions about this article, do not hesitate to ask me in the comments box below