For me, traveling is freedom.
If you are a travel blogger, I give you a big ovation. Being a digital nomad, I understand how difficult it is to blog while traveling. I also know that it is even more difficult to monetize your travel blog.
There are many travel bloggers who are often sponsored to travel (such as free travel with all expenses covered), but not all are so lucky at the beginning of their career as bloggers.
Travel blogs are a popular and profitable niche that can generate large amounts of revenue through various methods of monetization.
Some of the most popular monetization methods are:
- Google AdSense
- Direct ad sales
- Selling eBooks
- Merchandise sales
- Affiliate marketing***
*** Today I will tell you about some of the best affiliate programs you can use for your travel blog to earn money.
This is a unique list of affiliate programs and I hope you get the most out of it.
- If you are new to affiliate marketing and do not know how to make money with it, you can learn here.
If you are already well versed in the art of affiliate marketing, read on to get the full list of affiliate programs for travel blogs.
The best affiliate programs for trips to quadruple the income of your blog:
Booking.com is a popular name in the travel industry.
They also have an affiliate program that is open to anyone who has a blog / website, an application or a travel agency. As long as you can offer the best hosting option, this program is for you.
- Free and easy registration process.
- It offers search box options, deep link and banner integration.
- They have a commission model based on the offer.
- Minimum payment € 100.
- The payment mode is PayPal (create a PayPal account).
- You can integrate the search box of Booking.com in a WordPress blog using this official plugin.
2. TripAdvisor Affiliate Program
When someone is planning a trip, they usually check out TripAdvisor for comments, recommendations and reservations.
Entering this affiliate program will be valuable since you can get content from your website and link your readers to the original content through your follow-up link.
- 50% commission
- Deep links to more than 500,000 cities and hotels.
- Structure of staggered commissions.
- Monthly payment.
3. Agoda Affiliate Program
With more than a quarter of a million properties, Agoda definitely deserves to be on this mega list of travel blog affiliate programs.
Your internal affiliate program is open for everyone to join (but it is mandatory to have a website / blog).
Approval is a manual process and takes around 48-72 hours.
- Up to 60% commission on margin.
- It offers search box, text links and data sources.
- Use the hotel’s advanced ads to increase your income by 3 times.
- Minimum payment $ 200.
- The mode of payment is direct bank transfer.
Note: The Agoda affiliate program can also be joined using ShareASale.
4. Skyscanner affiliate program
Skyscanner is a website that I always use when checking the price of a flight.
If you have never used them, you must download your mobile application and I promise you will not be disappointed.
For your travel blog, Skyscanner offers several options. The one you might want to start with is the travel widget.
You can use this widget in your sidebar or around the content where users are more likely to take an action. This widget will redirect you to the Skyscanner site.
If you want to take it to the next level, you can hire a developer and use the Skyscanner Travel API to create your own search functionality on your website or mobile application.
- It offers white label solutions to offer flight searches on its website.
- One of the most popular travel affiliate program APIs.
- Flight booking widget for your sidebar.
- One of the best and most detailed reference systems to help you get started.
- Supports flight reservations, hotel reservations and car rental.
5. Air B & B reference program
Referral programs and affiliate programs are two sides of the same coin.
In a reference program, instead of earning cash, you earn points (or other non-monetary value) that you can use to buy products on the same network.
Here is an infographic of Refferalcandy that explains the differences and similarities:
AirB & B has a very popular referral program that helps you earn decent “money” by recommending other users.
You can earn up to $ 72 for each successful referral and a maximum travel credit of $ 5,000 per account.
- Easy to share referral link since the user will also get AirB & B credits worth $ 18.
- Name well known in the travel industry.
- Good for travel income.
Note: You may want to take a look at other popular applications (such as Lyft, Uber, HotelsTonight) that also offer reference programs.
ShareASale is an affiliate market where you can find the main affiliate programs in any niche.
Many of the airlines, hotels and popular travel services (such as Qatar Airways, Agoda, The Lalit Hotels, Riu Hotels, etc.) are available through ShareASale.
If you have never used ShareASale before, navigation can be confusing at first.
- Payment through direct bank deposit.
- Easier to achieve the minimum payment than the internal affiliate programs.
- See the best affiliate programs in all niches.
Every time I research or compile an exclusive list of affiliate programs based on niches like this one, it’s always incomplete without Amazon’s affiliate program.
Amazon is the main destination to buy online. They have an incredible reputation and will help you earn large amounts of money in a short time.
Once you join the Amazon Associates program, you can link to any of the products listed on Amazon and earn money throughout the site.
What’s really cool about Amazon’s affiliate program is that you’ll earn money every time a referred user buys any Amazon product. That is, it does not just have to be the product to which he sent them.
- Highly reputed network.
- Getting started is easy and you will find tons of guides and videos.
- Numerous products related to travelers and trips.
- Higher commission as you begin to refer more users.
Tip: If you think it takes a long time to create links for individual products, you can use Viglink to facilitate the process.
Another popular travel and services website that offers affiliate programs:
- Hipmunk offers a network through ImpactRadius: join here
- Hyatt Hotels & Resorts through VigLink: Join here.
If you have not joined any of the travel affiliate programs mentioned above, then you must do so right now.
This list is updated, but to complete it, it requires your contribution!
I hope you like this article and have learned something new. Click Like, comment and share our articles if you really appreciate my work.
If you have any questions about this article, do not hesitate to ask me in the comments box below